Since its launch in November 2018, the pro bono Education Champions programme has received a positive response from CII members based in the North. CII members in the South will receive communication from February 2019 since their training session will take place in Q2.
The Discover Risk training circuit for Education Champions and local institutes has started, with sessions already covering a handful of northern regions including Birmingham and the East Midlands.
Over the next few weeks, registered Education Champions will be invited to a local training session. Local Institute committee members will be invited to attend one of their regional training sessions. It would be good to see at least one committee member attend a session to be able to take the learning back to their local institute.
Please also encourage local members that might be interested in this pro bono initiative to register their interest. More information and signing up can be found here.
Discover Risk training dates
*in brackets are the local institutes that best fit the location training is taking place in. The session will be taking place on the PFS regional conference circuit as venues and locations are already set-up and cover large parts of the UK.
- 4/02/2019 – Greater Manchester (Manchester, Chester and North Wales, Bolton).
- 05/02/2019 - Lancashire, Merseyside and Cumbria (Liverpool, Blackburn and Burnley, Preston & Blackpool, Kendal).
- 06/02/2019 - Yorkshire (Leeds, Bradford, Hull, Sheffield, York, Halifax).
- 26/02/2019 - North Scotland (Aberdeen, Inverness, Perth & Dundee).
- 27/02/2019 - Central Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh).
- 28/02/2019 - Tyne Tees (Newcastle, Carlisle, Middlesbrough).
- 12/03/2019 - Northern Ireland
- 14/03/2019 - Isle of Man
- 27/03/2019 - Kent (Mid-Kent, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Canterbury and East Kent).
- 28/03/2019 - Sussex
- 29/03/2019 - Surrey (Guildford).
- 09/04/2019 - Thames Valley (Reading).
- 10/04/2019 - Herts & Middlesex (Luton & St Albans).
- 08/05/2019 – South Wales (Cardiff, Swansea)
- 09/05/2019 - Bristol (Bristol, Cheltenham & Gloucester).
- 21/05/2019 - Norfolk (Norwich, Ipswich, Suffolk and North Essex).
- 22/05/2019 – Stamford (Bedford and Milton Keynes, Cambridge, Lincoln, Peterborough).
- 23/05/2019 - Essex (Chelmsford & East Essex & South Essex).
- 04/06/2019 - Plymouth & Cornwall
- 05/06/2019 - Exeter & North Devon (Exeter).
- 06/06/2019 - Hants and Dorset (Bournemouth, Southampton).
Thank you to everyone who has already registered for these or future sessions. Your dedication to the programme has helped it progress at an incredible pace. We look forward to seeing you all at one of the sessions.
The team will be embarking on their southern part of the training circuit in Q2. If you are a member of the Insurance Institute of London or the North Downs Institute, your training session will take place at the Chartered Insurance Institute, located in Lombard Street, London.
For any questions, please contact either George Tsounias (George.Tsounias@cii.co.uk) or Rhian Morris (Rhian.Morris@cii.co.uk) who will be more than happy to help.