The first Local Institute National Forum (LINF) meeting was held in York on Tuesday 24th June.
The LINF will be attended by 18 local institute representatives (known as LI Regional Representatives) who will now meet twice a year to proactively discuss projects, initiatives and concerns from the local institute network. The first Local Institute National Forum meeting will take place on Tuesday 25th June in York.
This meeting will be further supported by local meetings known as Local Institute Regional Forums which will allow YOUR institute to feed into the Local Institute National Forum via your Regional Forum Officer.
The LINF meeting was chaired by Grant Scott, Vice President for Local Institutes and the following issues were discussed:
- Main discussion points from Regional Forums
- Chartered consultation – update/criteria
- Concerned members emails and responses
- Exam centres update - cost Vs understanding issues faced by Lis
- Manifesto update
- How will items that are discussed at board via Grant Scott be fed back to the regions.
- December Network Conference
- Appointment role: Local Institute National Forum member of the Education and Learning Committee.
Grant then attended the CII board meeting to update on actions and outcomes following the meeting.
Your LI Regional Representative will fully update all local institutes in due course.