The charities representative role is to promote The Insurance Charities to the local market through communications and fund raising events.
Remember, the role of the local institute is primarily to adopt the objectives of the CII, as defined in its Charter and Bye-laws, for the benefit of your local members, prospective members, students and the local insurance and financial services community.
Consequently, the charities representative should develop a close working relationship with the CII and also with the Regional Membership Manager for the region.
- To promote awareness of The Insurance Charities to the local membership and key organisations across the region throughout the presidential year.
- To raise funds for The Insurance Charities at planned fund raising events throughout the presidential year.
- To support The Insurance Charities during Insurance Charities Awareness Week through the co-ordination and promotion of the week to the local membership and key organisations across the region.
- Fully brief the president and council on the particular needs of The Insurance Charities and the work it undertakes.
- Liaise with the local institute treasurer with regards to the banking of receipts and the transfer of funds to The Insurance Charities, or operate a separate bank facility to account specifically for the charity funds.
More information can be found at www.theinsurancecharities.org.uk or follow them on TWITTER @InsCharities